We’ve earned a reputation for innovation and quality – The people who work at Coventry Homes are what make the difference. In order to better serve our clients, we are currently looking to expand our team with customer focused colleagues who love an exciting and challenging work environment
The Accounts Payable Administrator is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The Accounts Payable Administrator will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management.
- Receive and sort all suppliers invoices
- Match invoices related to purchase orders
- Distributed un-matched invoices to appropriate personnel
- Process invoices on a timely basis
- Distribute invoices for supervisors approvals weekly
- Answer all colleague and supplier inquiries that relate to payments or outstanding balances
- Issue and distribute all payments
- Reconcile supplier’s statements monthly / quarterly
- Collaborate with the Controller or Finance Manager to maintain collection goals and general A/P performance levels.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
The Ideal candidate:
- Receive and sort all suppliers invoices
- 3 years direct experience in an A/P capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, and post invoices.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Advanced proficiency with NewStar software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning and prioritization.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
Coventry is proud to provide this great career opportunity in an engaged environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities. Locally owned and family operated, Coventry’s culture is all about people, quality and integrity, which is evidenced by the longevity of many in our employee group. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization that has experienced growth over the past few years:
- One of the top rated single family homebuilders in the Capital Region
- Coventry Homes is a “flex” builder allowing clients to customize their existing plans, which provides exciting challenges during each build process
- Coventry Homes is the preferred builder of the Edmonton Oilers®
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees
Coventry is an exciting and energetic home away from home. Our employees and clients are our top priority. We have an open community with social events, snack days and interactive communication. If you enjoy working hard and having fun, please apply to The Coventry team. Exceptional candidates will be contacted directly to join in the interview process.