We’ve earned a reputation for innovation and quality. The people who work at Coventry Homes are what make the difference. We are looking for employees who love an exciting, challenging work environment and are looking for ethical, innovative leaders.
You would be responsible for completing accurate working drawings in a timely manner that can be further passed along to be purchased and finally constructed with ease. This includes preparing home plans, applying for architectural approvals, submitting for truss and joist layouts, and finally applying for a building permit. A Drafter is also responsible for providing insight to fellow employees, trades, and customers about building code requirements and our Company’s building standards, to ensure everyone knows what is required and expected throughout the construction of a new home.
- Drafting – preparing plans; Creating new models and elevations, Updating standard plans and blacklines as needed, preparing details for standard or customized items such as fireplaces, HIRF, Niches, etc.
- Building Pockets – helping sales to determine pocket size for allowable house width as well as garage orientation on lot
- Sending out requests for plot plans, engineering, Truss and Joist Layouts
- Adjusting grades as per the provided plot plan, making sure everything works properly and adding additional siding, steps, etc. where applicable
- Submitting for Architectural Approval and making any necessary changes that may arise upon that review, while also notifying Sales so they can make the clients aware
- Taking care of lot inspections as required for architectural approvals
- Reviewing Truss and Joist layouts for accuracy, adding pad and beam pocket sizes to foundation plan
- Applying for, monitoring and processing architectural approvals and building permits
- Architectural Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Residential Industry
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Alberta Building Code information and how to use it
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the Company including its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Coventry is proud to provide this great career opportunity in an engaged environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities. Locally owned and family operated, Coventry’s culture is all about people, quality and integrity, which is evidenced by the longevity of many in their employee group. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization that has experienced aggressive growth over the past few years:
- One of the top rated single family homebuilders in the Capital Region
- Coventry Homes is a “flex” builder allowing clients to customize their existing plans, which provides exciting challenges during each build process
- Coventry Homes is the preferred builder of the Edmonton Oilers
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge
Coventry is an innovative, energetic home away from home. Our employees and clients are our top priority. We strive on creating an open community with social events, snack days and interactive communication. If you enjoy working hard and having fun, please apply to The Coventry team.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.