We’ve earned a reputation for innovation and quality. The people who work at Coventry Homes are what make the difference. We are looking for employees who love an exciting, challenging work environment and are looking for ethical, innovative leaders.
Coventry’s Purchasing Estimators are an important part of our customer’s experience. Purchasing Estimators ensure each home is built on-budget, on-time and to the customer’s wishes. The individuals within this role will utilize expert knowledge to explore and purchase trade labour and supplier products that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favourable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining both internal (colleague) and external (trade and supplier) relationships.
- Prepares take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or tendering purposes
- Prepares estimates for pricing of both pre-planned and custom changes and suggests alternatives as required
- Assists in resolving concerns related to upgrades and options sold
- Assist estimators, trades, sales team and field staff with questions, concerns and troubleshooting
- Research products or services to create added value to our base models or to add to option catalogue (improving available customer options)
- Review and retail price requests from Sales, Design, and Drafting
- Invoice review and adjustments
- Review and process Homeowner selected appliance packages
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
- College Diploma in Construction Engineering Technologist, residential construction estimating or Architectural Technology and/or relevant related practical experience
- 4-5 years or more of progressive experience in the residential construction industry
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Fully conversant with the Alberta Building Code
- Experience in lumber and concrete estimating preferred
- Knowledge of LEED construction practices an asset
- Strong analytical ability required to accurately compare and contrast trade price quotations
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and reports
- Understanding of the processes of budgeting, tendering and construction
- NewStar experience is considered an asset
Coventry is proud to provide this great career opportunity in an engaged environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities. Locally owned and family operated, Coventry’s culture is all about people, quality and integrity, which is evidenced by the longevity of many in their employee group. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization that has experienced aggressive growth over the past few years:
- One of the top rated single family homebuilders in the Capital Region
- Coventry Homes is a “flex” builder allowing clients to customize their existing plans, which provides exciting challenges during each build process
- Coventry Homes is the preferred builder of the Edmonton Oilers
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge
Coventry is an innovative, energetic home away from home. Our employees and clients are our top priority. We strive on creating an open community with social events, snack days and interactive communication. If you enjoy working hard and having fun, please apply to The Coventry team.
Please send resumes to Mike Reschke, Purchasing Manager at:
email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.